As lovely and hospitable as the Inn at the Agora may be, we do have a few rules and policies:
1. Rates are per night based on single or double occupancy (as determined by the room rate), including a stipend toward breakfast at one of two local restaurants within walking distance, but not including 9% lodging tax.
2. Reservations are guaranteed by your credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Should you wish to pay in cash or with a check upon arrival, we are happy to accommodate you; however, a credit card must be used to hold your reservation until your arrival.
3. We are a small, friendly inn, and cancellations hit us hard. Our cancellation policy requires five (5) days’ notice prior to the date of arrival, during which the full rate will be charged unless the room is re-booked for the first night of the reservation. On high demand weekends, unless the room is re-booked for the entire reservation, cancellation during the 5-day window will result in the full rate being charged for the number of nights reserved. All cancellations are subject to a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) fee per room reserved to help defray our costs.
4. Check in is 3:00 p.m. through 9:00 p.m. Let us know if you will be arriving later and we will arrange for a smooth check-in.
5. Check out is 11:00 a.m. or earlier. A late checkout fee of forty dollars ($40.00) may be charged unless prior arrangements are made and extra work is not required of the housekeeping staff.
6. We are a NO SMOKING establishment. If we find that you have not respected our no smoking policy, there will be a two hundred dollar ($200.00) charge applied to your credit card to remove the room from service while we thoroughly clean the room of smoke residue. If you must smoke, please do so in the driveway adjacent to the chapel, on the sidewalk or, IF other guests do not object, on the end of the porch facing the park.
7. Woof! We love pets, but we also need to respect our other guests. A single well-behaved and housebroken pet may be accommodated, depending on availability, for a $25 per-night fee. However, you are also responsible for any damage caused by your pet. A few additional pet rules:
a. Please inform us at the time of your reservation that you plan to bring your pet. Because we love pets, we want to meet yours at check in and get acquainted!
b. Pets must accompany their "parents" at all times and should not be left alone in guest rooms or common areas of the Inn.
c. When outside, pets must be leashed (by law) and waste must be removed and disposed of appropriately. Ask for a plastic bag if you don't have one and we'll be happy to accommodate.
d. Should you need pet-sitting services, check with the Innkeeper and she can offer referrals (preferably prior to arrival).
e. Unfortunately, although we know lots of "parents" love to have their pets join them in bed or on the sofa, because of on-going sanitary care and respect for other guests, we cannot allow that luxury at the Inn.
f. Please call us with any pet-related questions prior to arrival. We look forward to pampering your pet, too!